Frontier Electronics designs and manufactures customer specific solutions when industry standard products do not meet their requirements.
- Redesigns for tighter tolerances, smaller footprints, higher performance, etc..
- Redesigning and/or re-manufacturing obsolete components to conform to the latest manufacturing, materials, and performance standards.
- Ongoing new component technology integration
Backed by over 30 years of engineering and design experience, we have become a leading designer for many major OEMs.
- Specification and manufacturing development for new components and technology
- Quick turn prototypes and small production runs
- Redesigning of obsolete products to facilitate current manufacturing standards
Some limited examples of our capabilities are listed below:
The air wound coil was one of Frontier Electronic's premier products. With the move into automated assembly lines our customers needed a coil that could be pick and placed while still allowing coil tuning after mounting.
Frontier developed unique tape and reel packaging process which allow our air coils, both SMD and through hole, to be mounted by pick and place machines. However, unlike our competitors, there was no alteration to the base part (which allows for tuning after mounting).
We can design pick and place-able coils to meet your size and electrical specifications.
High Q, Tunable Inductors
There are standard (low) Q tunable inductors, however, many of our customers needed a high Q version for RF applications. Frontier designed and manufactures the 5SQ series (patented) which has one of the highest Q values in the industry!